Friday, December 20, 2013

Elves promote reading!

My kids had asked for a book which I originally told them it was too expensive so I didn't buy it (which I find helps them believe I didn't purchase a particular item and that the elves must have brought it)!  I try to encourage my kids to read.  One of my girls reads often the other will sometimes but needs encouragement.  My son is now better but interest is limited to certain topics. I decided the book was a good elf gift and the poem followed.

Here it is......

We thought we would bring you a Christmas book.
It's under the tree, take a look!

We knew you all would like this one!
We want you to enjoy reading, it really is fun!

You use your imagination when you read.
To be an elf, imagination is something you'll need!

Time to start reading all the books on the shelf
Because reading will help make you an elf!

Love your elves,
Holly and Kringle

No comments:

Post a Comment