Friday, December 13, 2013

Elf Job #4 candy cane growing!

This idea was given to me.  Growing candy canes!  I am doing it a little different just to avoid questions I'm afraid my kids may overthink it. 

I bought Christmas tic-tacs (red and green), a christmas tin tray, and chocolate mint and cherry candy canes.  They will plant the seeds (tic-tacs) in sugar and in a day candy canes will grow!  I am adding an extra step to place plastic wrap on the tray first to pretend to be the candy wrapper.  I'm afraid they'll ask where the plastic came from.  Then when they go to bed I will remove the plastic and put the candy canes in the sugar.

Here's the poem.......

Today's job is candy making.
It does not require any baking.

You'll be planting candy
Knowing how to grow it really comes in handy!

Plant the seeds in this tray
You'll have candy canes within a day!

Green is chocolate mint, red is cherry!
Candy canes help make Christmas merry!

When they've grown you know what to do.
Hang them on the tree or you can eat them too.

I put the instructions down below.
Now patiently wait for your candy to grow!

Love your elves,
Holly and Kringle

1. Place plastic over tray
2. Pour sugar on plastic
3. Plant seeds
4. Wait

Caution: DO NOT ADD WATER!  Water makes candy dissolve!

No comments:

Post a Comment