Monday, December 2, 2013

Thought I would share!

This morning my kids all enjoyed seeing their elves in their new clothes and reading the poem that was written!  My son dislikes reading but was the first to read the poem out loud and he loved Kringle's football jersey!  Both of my girls liked Holly's new skirt and LOVE the visits.  My youngest said this morning that she wishes it was December every day!

The letters/poems make it a different experience.  They allow your children to really feel that the elves are watching them!  You don't have to do it every day like I do, but do a few.  It keeps them on their toes... I tell you my daughter got right out of bed this morning to see the elves and gave me absolutely no trouble getting ready for school!  She knows the elves are watching!  Usually she fights with me about something.

I'm not  a stay at home mom, I work retail and this time of year is very busy for me.  I don't get to spend as much time with my kids as I would like.  Not only now but all throughout the year. I don't have a set work schedule. Sometimes they come home from school and I leave for work.  That's why I enjoy doing the elf poems and giving them tasks and crafts to do.  I know they don't know it's me but one day they will!  One day they'll be able to look back and remember all the fun things mommy did for them at Christmas time even though she couldn't always be home when they wanted her to.

Give it a shot, it'll be worth it , I promise!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment