Monday, December 15, 2014

Responsibility #6...Exercising...health is important!

I try to teach my kids health is important but unfortunately I fall in and out of the exercise routine myself and I'm not setting the best example.  I lose and gain quite often.  Trying to teach my kids about health, exercising, and eating right I find is hard to do at times.  I try to tell them but they're still young to really understand.  I thought a little "elf" influence might help!   This year I decided to give them an exercising task and hope they have fun with it!

The poem......

This next responsibility is another important one.
Exercising keeps you healthy and it really must be done.

There are many different exercises, they each help in different ways.
No matter what you choose, you'll be healthier in days!

We'll focus on building muscles and strengthening your heart!
Always keep things simple, in anything you start.

If you work real hard, your body can get sore.
That's why you should always, stretch real good before.

This next task we give you, we're hoping will be fun!
We want you every day to go for a short run.

To the stop sign and back, as many times as you can!
This will get you healthy, which is our ultimate plan!

Do this every day. Remember this is NOT a race.
Each one of you should go, at your own pace.

Longer legs go further, but doesn't mean little legs are slow.
Do what you can do, go as far as you can go!

Most importantly have fun and give it all you've got!
Your health is important and to us sure means a lot!

Love,


P.S. Don't forget to wear running shoes!

                                      Holly and Kringle stretching. Getting ready to exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment