Monday, November 11, 2013

An Early visit from our elf!

The first poem is going to be the most current.  My kids had hoped last year that their elf Holly would visit sometime during the summer, but unfortunately I didn't get around to it.  I decided better late than never and decided to do a before Thanksgiving visit.  Our elf arrived with a solar turkey toy (moves when the light shines on it), the following poem, and a sheet of paper for each of them with  their names to complete the task she has given.
 
 
 
 
Hello My Friends I missed you A LOT!
Couldn't visit this summer it was really HOT!
 
I've been watching you though and you've all been OKAY.
So far on the nice list all of you will stay!
 
It's almost Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
I'm thankful to be here with all of you once more!
 
I brought you a turkey and with it a task!
Express what you're thankful for is all that I ask!
 
Once a day express something new!
This should be a task that's easy to do.
 
Write them down so you'll remember.
After today I'll be back in December!
 
Love Your Elf,
Holly


My kids really enjoy their elf and I enjoy doing this for them!  I would rather our elf acknowledge their behavior and give them treats, crafts, or games instead of causing mischief.  Our elf will not return until December 1st so until then I will post poems from last year and an explanation of the craft, task, game, or treat left for them. I will try to post pictures too once I figure out how! Hope you Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Totally LOVE the whole poem thing you got going on!!!
    And the early pop in visit is genius! :)
    So glad you started a blog about this!!!!

    ReplyDelete