Monday, November 11, 2013

Last years Elf poems continued....second visit!

Last year when our elf joined our family  my kids decided to name her Holly! So,  I went to the store and bought Holly stickers with little red jewels for the berries and a skirt for Holly to wear.  I put a sticker on her hat and two on her skirt!  The little extra add-ons were enough for them to be excited once again! 

I think the important thing to remember is what may be cheesy or simple to an adult is Amazing and exciting to a child.  I'm sure you have all heard before "I could have just given them the box for Christmas and they would enjoy it more than the toy that came in it."  It doesn't have to be overly complex! A child's brain doesn't think as complex as ours (well not usually)!

Now the poem that I wrote when Holly returned the second day!

Hello Again how are you today?
Boy did I travel a long,  long way!

I told Santa all about my day.
And how special you all are in every way!

I told him ____ is loving, ____ is sweet,
And gosh that _____ is totally neat!

I told him my name is now Holly!
Boy did that make him happy and jolly!

He gave me this skirt and holly leaves for my hat.
Then in front of the naughty and nice list we sat!

We talked about teasing .
And that the screaming's not pleasing.

Though things aren't perfect, the good things weren't missed!
So, together we chose Nice as your list!

Keep up the good work and try to get along.
I know the nice list is where you belong!

Love your elf,
HOLLY


In the blanks would be your children's names.  If you don't have three play around with words that could also fit there.


This is a picture of Holly with the sticker on her hat.  The stickers that are on her skirt you can barely see but a cute add-on even if her name isn't Holly!


No comments:

Post a Comment