Monday, November 11, 2013

The first visit from our elf last year!

 Decided to post this now instead of waiting. My very first elf poem.  One of my favorites actually!  Our elf visited and left her elf book for them to read.  They had a lot of fun picking out her name!  I believe if I remember correctly she left a plate of donuts for breakfast as well!  Simple but they loved it.

I am one of Santa's elves here to do a special task
I am here to keep an eye on you. Why is this, you ask!

Well Santa has two lists a naughty and a nice!
I let him know how you've been and we always check it twice!

So, first things first I need a name!
Then everyday we'll play a game!

Find where I am hiding each and every day.
Then you'll get a message or maybe a game to play.

Every night I'll leave and report to Santa Clause.
I'll let him know if any of you have broken any laws!

I have special magic which helps me travel fast.
But you must "NOT" ever touch me or my magic will not last.

I have brought you a book to tell you more.
Hope you enjoy what I have in store!


A lot of the crafts our elf leaves are really simple and low cost.  Honestly I'm not very artsy so I have to keep it simple.   Dollar stores are great.  Little kids don't care what it is.  The elf and plate of donuts was plenty of excitement which made them look forward to the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment