Monday, November 18, 2013

Following Day after they drew on the window! New Poem and Craft!

Good morning my friends. Did you have fun?
Your drawings are great, I enjoyed every one!

I loved ______'s picture and _____'s reindeer.
Loved ____'s snowman and color everywhere!

I have a new project, my favorite so far!
I want you to paint and put your name on a star!

Then tie some ribbon so you can see,
how nice it will look on your Christmas tree.

I hope that you like it as much as I do!
Have a good day and fun painting too!


Love your elf,
______

(Just insert first names in the blanks)

Unfortunately, I cannot find the stars to show you a picture.  What I bought for this were star shaped sun catchers.  The plastic ones that kids can paint and hang in the window. Well, I had them make them into ornaments instead.  They must be packed away still.  Simple and they had a blast! You could also buy actual ornaments and have them decorate, I'm sure you can find all varieties at a craft store.  I try to keep it as low cost as possible because I do something different every day and it adds up!

I am now going to include the next poem because it also ties in with this one.......

Good morning to  you
How do you do?

You did a great job on your stars.
I bet you can see them twinkle from Mars!

How about some more fun. What do you think?
Use this paper and make a link!

Color them tape them, connect them all.
Make a chain to hang on the wall!

Take your time, don't work too fast.
Can't wait to see it, hope you have a blast!!!

Love your elf,
______


So this is just basic paper chains.  Make them any length you want.  You can use construction paper or in my case I used white scrap paper I got from work.  Being plain it allowed them to color and design them the way they want and it didn't cost me anything! 

 Another project that can be very simple or you could jazz it up with more crafts to design them with but remember the kids don't mind simple.  I think most of the time it is the parent(s) who isn't satisfied and need to push it that step further!



No comments:

Post a Comment